Saturday, October 18, 2008

by way of introduction

Hello. I'm 29, I live in the tropical paradise that is Buffalo, New York, and as of the time of writing I and my roommate are attempting to purchase our own house through NACA.

Given the current state of the American real estate market I'm sure it sounds insane. But, this is Buffalo. While you all had your boom we, well, didn't. So now? No crash, either. Property values are, shockingly enough, going up here. Slowly. We're still, oh, a few hundred thousand behind the rest of the country. And, more importantly, it's still cheaper to own and pay a mortgage than it is to rent.

We're still pretty early on in the process, but I thought, hey, I had a hell of a time finding anyone talking about their NACA experiences online when I first started looking into this, so why not blog about it? (I found one, yes, ONE blog talking about NACA. Coincidentally enough, the blogger was also in Buffalo. Given that there are like seventeen thousand blogs devoted to pretty much every other subject you can imagine, so I was pretty shocked)

So, here I am.

No comments: